Friday, February 12, 2010

Can You Get Sick Eating Hot Chocolate Mix I Don't Want Raw Egg In My Frosting. What Is Its Purpose And Is There A Substitute?

I don't want raw egg in my frosting. What is its purpose and is there a substitute? - can you get sick eating hot chocolate mix

I make a cake Ina Garten and glaze recipe is as follows:

6 oz good dark chocolate (recommended: Callebaut)
1 / 2 kg (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
1 egg extra-large eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1 / 4 cups sifted powdered sugar "
1 tablespoon instant coffee powder

Chop the chocolate and spread steadily into a container to heat, in a pot of boiling water. Stir until it melted and cooled to room temperature provided.

In a bowl fitted with an electric mixer with a paddle, beat the butter over medium high speed until light yellow and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg yolks and vanilla and continue beating for 3 minutes. Turn the mixer to lowLittle by little powdered sugar, then beat at medium speed, scraping bowl as necessary, until smooth and creamy. Dissolve the coffee powder 2 teaspoons of the hottest tap. At low speed, with chocolate and coffee, butter mixture and mix until smooth. Do not turn! Spread immediately on cooled cake.

----

As you can see, there is a raw egg in it. I'm eating some kind of monster, things first, because I'm sick, and I just wanted to know:

A) What is the purpose of raw egg yolk?
B there is a replacement or can I leave out?

Thank you a bunch! The winner receives 10 points.

5 comments:

medchick said...

Of course there are many alternatives. I'm always curious about the reluctance of people to eat raw eggs. In addition, if you get your eggs in a grocery store, there is never a guarantee that you know where it comes from and how old. We solve this problem by the chickens ... mashed potatoes, and never without a whole raw egg into the mixing process ... Yummy and so my son told me to make the best mashed potatoes ... But I digress ...

Yes Allow the egg yolks, if desired, and add a little cream to make up for the lost moisture. The Joy of Cooking has a glaze very similar proportions slightly different .. 6tbsp less butter and cream. More sugar and less chocolate. I will try the recipe above ... Thank you!

AndI looked through all the guarantees. The emails are cooked egg white. Cover the tips of the others seem to rely on the yolk to thicken the ice. Since the formation of ice is warm, the hood is likely solidified yellow, and help link the icing. You may suffer loss of icing and add yellow immediately after removing from heat, thereby ensuring that the egg is cooked by the heat of the mixture.

Mark said...

uh, I do not know if it could replace the yellow cuz the glue. And do not worry about sick of all the eggs are checked before packaging for salmonella and if theres a chance to chuck all. the status of a pasteurized eggs, they get almost 0 chance. i eggs pop all the time and not get sick. Theres also a recipe for a bad hangover terrible participation of a raw egg.

becky g said...

Hey there!

Once I saw that episode on TV and the yolk was confused. Later in the episode, said that if you do not want to eat them raw, you can ignore.

The Good Eats Alton Brown said that he uses almost all the eggs you can eat raw egg without becoming ill = pasteurized)

Hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

I think we can ignore. Or, use pasteurized eggs. I eat raw cookie dough, cake mix and cake mix all the time if I do it. I'm not worried.

K Syrahツ said...

You can use egg substitute (Egg Beaters), if you only need the yolks, use only half the amount claimed on the packaging of 1 egg. =)

Post a Comment